Sunday, November 1, 2009

Catching up!

Wow! In just a few hours it will be the first of November! The last 3 months have been huge and I have neglected to keep up with my Blog. So here I am with a quick catch up, August saw me spend 2 weeks volunteering in Cambodia. I fell in love with the people and the country and spend my day dream moments trying to work out how I'm going to get back there with my kids.
A people that have seen such terror and devastation but are full of hope for their future. Little did this little girl from a slum village in Phomn Phen know she changed my life with a smile and I hope I did the same for her.

Back in Australia with my family it took a while to settle back in, and I hope I never truly do, we took a road trip to falls creek and spent a week in the snow, what a contrast to where I'd been but such a delight to have that time with my children.

In September I joined Creative Memories as a consultant and I'm excited to be helping people tell and share their stories with their photos. I love that everyone has an individual and unique story to tell.

October came and I pulled out the mosaic supplies, finally, to work on my entry for The Piecemakers Bi-monthly challenge - A Dark and Stormy Night was the theme and my entry is the mask below so be sure to check out the other entries at http://www.piecemakersmosaics.blogspot.com/ but Vote for ME! So my mosaicing continues in preparation for the next Brisbane Indie Designer Markets, BIDM, on the Saturday the 5th of December at St Augustines Church on Racecourse Rd in Hamilton, so stay tuned for more details I'd love to see you there where you'll be able to check out my creations in person.

Until then check out my etsy store or feel free to leave a comment if you'd like me to contact you.

Marilyn


1 comment:

  1. So happy to see your new creations...everything is beautiful! Really red is my favorite color and I like this dress a lot. I am envious of anyone who has the patience to make. something so delicate...

    r4 dsi

    ReplyDelete